Sunday, January 1, 2017

Making Light of Darkness Together: A New Year's Gift from a Bilgrimage Reader



Larry Motuz shared a wonderful poem here several days ago. I'm sharing it with all of you now as Larry's new year's gift and inspiration to us (click on the image above to see the light move):


Twinkling

There was only darkness.
Apart, the souls lay shivering
Like mourning embers
Ashed in grey
Huddling dying heat within.

There moved a wind
That gathered them together,
Where each could feel
The heat
Of an other.

And warming and warmed by
This closeness,
Each flickered,
Until the darkness twinkled
Afire with light.

And so behold:
In holding
We find our strength within
Lies always with another
Shivering like us
With fear that light can never be
For us

And nestling,
We twinkle then
And fire that darkness with our light.

And this is my assurance.
In knowing you
I will hold you
As you hold me;
Guide you
As you guide me;
Ignite you
As you ignite me;

Until we are free
To twinkle
And make light of darkness.

W. Larry Motuz

A happy 2017 to all of you.

I am not sure of the original source of the gif at the head of the posting. It's been making the rounds on social media for the several weeks, and seems to appear at many sites online, with no notice that I have yet seen of its originator.

No comments: