Thursday, May 5, 2011

Recent Blogging Bugs?



Dear Readers,

I've had emails from two longtime readers of Bilgrimage in the past few days, telling me of difficulties they're encountering trying to post comments on the blog.  I appreciate readers telling me about these bugs, and am, of course, very concerned to hear about them.


I myself have found that the Disqus system seems to have been working erratically in the past few days, when I try to reply to comments others have made.  So the bug might be there, though if so, I haven't really identified it.  I am having strange problems with Blogger at the same time, as if there's some bug at work within the blog itself.

This seems to happen, curiously or coincidentally, at periodic intervals when I post on particular issues or particular Catholic figures.  Maybe the "system" is automatically weighted in a conservative direction?  Or maybe someone or someones have a vested interest in trying to throw some sticks into the machinery of the blog at certain moments?

I don't know.  For now, I'll assume there's simply some bug at work in the blog causing these problems, and I will do all I can to work on the problems.  I apologize for them, and am grateful to know about them.  I'll keep you posted, if I learn any new information about this.

No comments: