Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dealing with Bugs on Blog



Dear Readers,

I've just gotten word from one reader of Bilgrimage that she had tried to make a comment here, and found herself unable to do so.  I think the problem may be with the Disqus system, somehow.  And I intend to try to find out what the problem is and fix it, if I can do so.


Meanwhile, if anyone tries to comment and gets booted out, please feel free to email me and tell me about the problem.  I'd appreciate knowing.  My email address is on my profile page.

I do know that the Disqus system occasionally puts people into the approval queue even after I have approved you for the blog's whitelist.  Why that happens, I don't know.  When I see it happening, I re-enter your name on the whitelist.

One other bug this and other blogspot blogs had exhibited in the past seems to have returned: this is that the search feature on the homepage does not return all hits when you enter a term and search for it.  That happened on many blogspot blogs in that past, including this one, and had been fixed. 

It now seems to have returned.  I apologize for these bugs, and will do all I can to try to resolve them.  Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Meanwhile, a tiny bit of good news: the bug affecting the Disqus comment system, which didn't allow you to see your entire text if you typed more than the tiny window allows, seems to have been fixed.  So one step forward and two backwards . . . . 

No comments: