Friday, July 30, 2010

Target Riles Gay Customers by Giving Big Bucks to Homophobic Politician



What the hell is going on with Target?

When I blogged back in February about the rude little SOB who called me from Target's corporate headquarters and responded to valid, polite questions with insults, I'll admit it did cross my mind that he might well have googled and profiled me before he decided to insult me rather than take my request for information seriously.



Otherwise, how can one account for the decision of any business to insult a longstanding customer who has spent quite a bit of money at their business over the years?  No good business operates that way.

Now that we discover Target has been giving big bucks to homophobic politicians, I begin to wonder: was the rude little SOB who called me from Target's headquarters to insult me rather than answer my valid, polite questions a rude homophobic little SOB?

I'm inclined to think that's a distinct possibility.  And I am surely determined never to shop at Target again.