Sunday, July 4, 2010

Apropos Nothing: Karma and the Long, Hot Summer



Apropos nothing at all, on this Fourth of July (and yet apropos everything at all in life, in another sense):

I used the following phrase a day or so ago in the comments section of this blog.  It's a phrase that, for reasons I can't even remember now, popped into my head a few days ago, and which keeps circling around in my head for a number of reasons lately.  Hard, in fact, not to think about karma during this long, hot summer of discontent in a church whose pastoral leaders have stepped on so many toes so cruelly and unjustly for a long time now.



And since I've shared it in a comment, I want to share it with readers who may not see the comments on the blog.  Here's my bon mot for this hot summer day:

Karma's a bitch.  And She does make house calls.

Don't forget.  You first heard it here.  And happy Fourth! :-)