Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Opening the Tabernacle: More on the New Progressive catholic Blog

Dear Readers,

Although I may be somewhat slow in posting here for the next several days, please don’t think I’ve abandoned Bilgrimage. I’m working double-time these days, both to write new postings for this blog, and to provide material for the exciting new collaborative project in which a group of us are now involved, about which I posted on new year’s day.

This is the Open Tabernacle blog, a link to which you’ll now see permanently at the top right of my Bilgrimage homepage. I encourage you to check out Open Tabernacle, if you haven’t already done so.

You’ll find articles by various insightful authors, all of whom are interested in working together on building a conversation space for people discussing religious, political, and cultural issues from a progressive catholic standpoint. And so you’ll find commentary that complements (and probably corrects and expands) the commentary on Bilgrimage, but from valuable perspectives different from my own.

I will occasionally be posting new material on Open Tabernacle, to support that project, and then re-posting the material at a later point on Bilgrimage. And vice versa: as the project gets underway and gathers material, I’ll be posting pieces from Bilgrimage over at Open Tabernacle, often with new editorial commentary. If you visit Open Tabernacle today, for instance, you’ll find that I just posted a piece there entitled “Bishop Spong’s ‘The Time Has Come’ Manifesto and New Conversation Spaces.”

We invite your response to the new site, and we certainly welcome your readership and support. And please be patient with me as I divide my time between these two blogs, particularly in this period when Open Tabernacle is getting onto its feet.