Monday, December 12, 2011

Addendum: Guadalupe and Voices for the Voiceless--J. Michael Walker



This is a brief addendum to what I published earlier today in commemoration of the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  At the time that I made my previous posting, I hadn't yet run across a marvelous online gallery of artist J. Michael Walker's images of Guadalupe--one of which I chose to illustrate my previous posting, but from an article discussing Walker's work that I had run across before I discovered his gallery.


Walker's Guadalupe gallery is here.  It's stunning.  The text accompanying each image is also moving.

I am seeing as I now click on J. Michael Walker's website that his work is under copyright.  I normally do not reproduce graphics here if it's clear to me they're under copyright, unless I give explicit credit to the person who created the graphic.  I'm hoping Michael Walker won't have a problem with my publicizing his outstanding work--and I intend to try to find a way to contact him to be doubly sure I'm not in any way giving offense by using these images.  

Meanwhile, I did want to draw readers' attention to this wonderful gallery on the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

No comments: