Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ugandan Situation with Kill the Gays Bill: Notes from Chris Morley



In response to what I posted yesterday about the situation in Uganda, as leading religious figures in that nation urge the nation's parliament to pass the infamous Kill the Gays Bill, Chris Morley left several important comments noting that he had covered much of this ground (with information I didn't include in my posting) at Terry Weldon's Queering the Church blog recently.  I hadn't seen Chris's statement, and am grateful to him for pointing readers of Bilgrimage and me to that statement.  


And I want to post the preceding notes, with a link to Chris's statement, as a brief addendum to what I said about these issues yesterday.

The graphic is from Uganda Picks, and shows young Ugandans demonstrating in support of the anti-gay legislation in their nation earlier in 2012.

No comments: