Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Onion on Steubenville Rape Convictions and Mainstream Media Fail




I'm posting this Onion video as a continuation of the discussion earlier this week of the Steubenville rape convictions. I hope that the instructive humor of this satire won't seem to be too much in the face of people who may think differently about the Steubenville case than I do. I myself find the video helpful as a therapeutic send-up of some of our cherished convictions that lie beneath our unwillingness or inability to address the nexus of factors that make it too easy for some people to be exonerated of rape, while victims of rape are all too frequently either vilified or ignored.

I'd like to see this change.

Andrew Sullivan's Dish blog is my source for the link to the Onion video.

No comments: