Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fading Palin and Boehner and the GOP: Number 1 or Number 2?



Two new cartoons featured today at the Truthdig site remind of that frustrating vision test the ophthalmologist always gives. Remember it? She shifts from lens 1 to lens 2 and then asks, as she holds up a little cue card, "Which is better, number 1 or number 2?"


I hate that test, because I feel I always fail it. I want to say, "Well, they're both good--both equally good in their own ways. A little more shimmer around the edges with number 1 and a slight greenish cast to number 2." But I know that's not the right answer, so I try to hedge my bets and guess . . . .

I find number 1 above, by Steve Sack of Cagle Cartoons, brilliant and hilarious.

And I find number 2, to the left, by Mitt Priggee, who's also with Cagle Cartoons, equally brilliant and hilarious.

What do you think?

No comments: