Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Looking for Hope As Days Darken





Good people saying things that give me hope in a liturgical season dedicated to seeking hope--when events in my country have made hope even more difficult (for me and I suspect for many others) than usual:

"It [i.e., gun control] is just as much of what many religious people call a 'life issue' or a 'pro-life issue,' as is abortion, euthanasia or the death penalty (all of which I oppose), and programs that provide the poor with the same access to basic human needs as the wealthy (which I am for)."

"(Less pope, more Jesus!) What the people in the church want is to live the inclusivity and compassion of Jesus and to move away from the clericalism, the excommunications, the silencing, the suspensions, the banning from communion and the condemnation of books such as those by Elizabeth Johnson and Margaret Farley."




No comments: