Monday, November 12, 2012

Fred Clark's Christian QUILTBlogs: Recommended Gay Christian Blog Sites




I'm certainly grateful to Fred Clark at Slacktivist for including Bilgrimage in his list of "the 66 Very Best Blogs by LGBT Christians in the Entire World."  And, of course, I'm smiling wryly as I type that hyperbolic description.


I'm grateful most of all because I regard Fred's own Slacktivist blog as one of the best around commenting on themes at the intersection of religion and politics.  Where he gets the energy to read as much as he reads every day, and obviously with insight and care, is beyond me.  I'm daunted by what he manages to pack into his blog on any given day.

And I am absolutely delighted to see in Fred's list Father Geoff Farrow's blog, Jayden Cameron's Gay Mystics, Alvin McEwen's Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters, Kittredge Cherry's Jesus in Love, Peterson Toscano's A Musing, Terry Weldon's Queering the Church, and Michael Bayly's Wild Reed.  Blogs I've long read, which nourish my spirit, written by human beings I admire greatly.

I see many titles new to me in Fred's list and am looking forward, too, to discovering these new sites--with gratitude to Fred for compiling this helpful resource.

(I'm just now in the middle of Madeline Miller's Song of Achilles, which Jayden's Gay Mystics blog made me decide to read after I'd picked it up and then put it down again on the tables of recommended books at several bookstores.  And I couldn't be happier with the book.  It redeems those several years in college of anguishing over every syllable of Homer's Greek under the baleful eye of a bitter elderly Jesuit who found it impossible to approve of any slightest jot and tittle scratched out by one of his fearful classics students.  What Father B. succeeded in making decisively dead, Miller makes gloriously alive--and with the love story of Achilles and Patroclus shining right at the heart of the living story.)

No comments: