Friday, July 22, 2011

All in a Week's Work: A Sounding of the Level of Intellectual Civility on (Some) Catholic Blogsites



Things I've been called in blog discussions with fellow Catholics this week:


1. Someone with a fat ass who deserves to be fired by Catholic institutions.

2. A so-called theologian.

3. A theologian.

4. Inappropriate and unprofessional.

5. Intellectually silly.

6. Funny (I took this to mean good-funny and I cherish this comment).

All in a week's work.  At least this wasn't one of those weeks when someone considered it important to log in and plaster some posting somewhere on this blog with the comment, "DIRTY FAGGOTS!"

Strangely enough, the same sister in Christ who chided me for having a fat ass (my apology for the crudity--just quoting) showed up at another blog site in the past day or so to rant about Andrew Sullivan's "rubberbutt."  Sister in Christ seems to have quite a problem with gay men and demeaning, stereotyping prejudice re: her gay brothers in Christ.  

I think I'll start a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help on her behalf.

No comments: