Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Droppings from the Catholic Birdcage: "I Look Forward to the Day When He Is President and My White Maleness Automatically Propels Me to the Front of the Line"



In response to Maureen Fiedler's National Catholic Reporter article about Trump voters as "nostalgia" voters (they want their white Christian hegemony back), nic brilliantly sends up said "nostalgic" Trump voters:


As a white man, I support Trump. I look forward to the day when he is president and my white maleness automatically propels me to the front of the line. I am tired of having to compete with women and minorities, at least some of whom are smarter and harder working than me. Naturally, I am also a Christian, as is Trump and so many of his supporters, but I don't let those religious ideals interfere with my everyday life. Certainly, one cannot do business or engage in politics using that "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others" stuff as a guide. It is time this country had a strong leader, and the catholic church, for that matter, returned to its strong masculine nature and exerted its primacy. I look forward to Trump creating a ministry of Religion, perhaps with a real he-man in charge, like Ray Burke, to make sure everyone in this country says "Merry Christmas" during the proper season.

No comments: