Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Ms. Palin Supplants Mr. Whitman As the Bard of the Common Man and Woman: "You Rockin' Rollers! And Holy Rollers! Proud Clingers of Our Guns!"




Really, who needs fusty old Walt Whitman any longer, when we have Ms. Palin creating her brilliant word-salad paeans to the American common man and common woman? It's poetry, I tell you! It's poetry, the speech that Ms. Palin gave yesterday in support of that monumental champion of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Six Packs, and Mr. Whitman's work can't hold a candle to it:


You rockin’ rollers! And holy rollers! 
All of you who work so hard. You full-time moms. 
You with the hands that rock the cradle. 
Yeah, I’ll go, send me, you betcha. I’ll serve.
No more pussy footin’ around! 
Our troops deserve the best, you deserve the best.
Can I get a “Hallelujah"?
They are so busted, the way that this thing works. 
Well, and then, funny, ha ha, not funny.
How ‘bout the rest of us? Right wingin’, bitter clingin’, 
Proud clingers of our guns, our God, and our religions, 
And our Constitution. Tell us that we’re not red enough!
And he tells us Joe Six Packs, he said, 
"You know, I’ve worked very, very hard. 
And I’ve succeeded. Hugely I’ve succeeded," he says.
These are unifying values from big cities to tiny towns, 
From big mountain states and the Big Apple, 
To the big, beautiful heartland that is in between.

(A recommendation as you click on the video link: turn the volume down, if you value your ears.)

No comments: